Following a period of sustained growth, this is a newly-created position at an exciting time for the association. COBIS has recently introduced its new Patron’s Accreditation and Compliance quality assurance and school improvement system. The Accreditation process is rooted in self-evaluation with professional validation from expertly trained and informed peer school improvement partners and peer accreditors. Based upon high standards, rigorous scrutiny and the best British and international practice, it supports schools in their development journey. The initial interest and uptake of the Accreditation process has been extremely positive. To date, over 75 schools, in 35 countries have either completed or are in the process of completing the process. For more information about COBIS Accreditation, please visit the website.
The post holder will support the work of the Accreditation team to ensure the high-quality delivery and growth of this system.
COBIS is a premier global membership association representing over 500 member organisations consisting of in the region of 300 high quality British International schools and over 200 commercial organisations. The association is recognised by the UK Department for International Trade as a ‘Trade Challenge Partner’. COBIS Members can be found in 80 countries worldwide. COBIS exists to represent and support its member schools - their leaders, governors, staff and students - and the delivery and export of quality British education by:
- Representing member schools with the British and overseas Governments, educational bodies, and the corporate sector through a range of lobbying and networking activities
- Delivering world class quality assurance and external validation against stretching and robust Standards as set out in the COBIS Patron’s Accreditation and Compliance system
- Providing effective professional development for all members of the school workforce including senior leaders, governors, teachers and support staff
- Delivering professional school improvement and consultancy services
- Coordinating challenging, engaging and inspiring inter-school COBIS student competitions
- Facilitating, coordinating and supporting professional networking opportunities
- Supporting safeguarding, child protection and safer recruitment and employment practices
- Providing access to information about trends and developments in UK education
- Nurturing talent and promoting career opportunities within the global COBIS network
In addition, COBIS raises the profile of commercial supporting members by introducing them to COBIS schools and promoting them as exporters of educational resources, products and services via the COBIS website and other channels. The work of COBIS is led by the CEO and an elected Board which consists of serving COBIS Headteachers, Governors and School Inspectors. COBIS works with a wide range of educational stakeholders internationally and within the UK. In addition to a diverse and growing range of lobbying activities, programme of professional development and networking opportunities, stimulating student competitions and events, COBIS members have access to a range of quality services.
The global reach of COBIS is significant. Over the last academic year, COBIS has hosted professional development and networking, and student events in Cayman Islands, China, Egypt, Hong Kong, Kenya, Malawi, Malaysia, Mexico, Oman, Portugal, Romania, Spain, The Netherlands, UAE, Qatar and the UK.
Working in the busy COBIS Head Office would suit a highly organised and client focused individual. In addition to high standards of verbal, written and numerical articulation, the successful candidate will have a deep understanding of educational and pedagogical matters both in the UK and overseas and be able to demonstrate excellence in client service and care.
To find out more about the global reach, role and function of COBIS visit www.cobis.org.uk
Assistant Director of Accreditation